Today, disaster assistance has been made available to help with the impacts of the recent storms and flooding in 16 local government areas across NSW, including:
Armidale, Bellingen, Central Coast, Cessnock City, Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour City, Dungog, Kempsey, Lake Macquarie, Maitland City, Mid-Coast, Nambucca Valley, Newcastle City, Port Macquarie-Hastings, Port Stephens and Tenterfield local government areas.
Assistance is being provided through the jointly funded Commonwealth-State Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangements (DRFA). Assistance available under the DRFA may include:
· help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged
· support for affected local councils to help with the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets
· concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and non-profit organisations
· freight subsidies for primary producers, and
· grants to eligible non-profit organisations
If you are uninsured and have low income, for information on personal hardship and distress assistance, please contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.
To apply for a concessional loan or grant, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593 or visit www.raa.nsw.gov.au. Further information on disaster assistance is available on the Australian Government’s Disaster Assist website at www.disasterassist.gov.au and the NSW emergency information and response website at www.emergency.nsw.gov.au